EAT BETTER LOCATIONS
Greasecylce is Cowichan Bio-Diesel Co-op's (CB-DC) partner that collects waste cooking oil from more than 500 locations all over BC.
This oil is then recycled by the co-op into carbon-neutral, sustainable bio-fuels, and made available to members at our cardlock pump located at 2999 Allenby Road and Green and Go™ Community Biofuel Station at 3900 Drinkwater Road, Duncan BC.
Residential Waste Cooking Oil Recycling
Don’t waste that precious waste cooking oil by pouring it down the drain. Why not turn it into environmentally friendly bio-diesel instead?
Pouring it down the drain pollutes the waters ways and causes clogged pipes,making it costly to repair as well as costly to the environment.
Once converted to bio-fuel, it reduces the dependence on fossil fuels and thereby lowers ones carbon footprint.
Save your waste cooking oil (liquid only) in a strong plastic container with a secure lid. (The original oil container works well; yogurt containers don’t.)
Deposit it at any of our Residential Waste Oil Collection Bins, and we’ll process it into bio-fuel.
Downtown Duncan, in the Merit Furniture parking lot; Address: 107 Ingram St., Duncan BC, V9L 1N8
Cowichan Bay, in the Pier 66 Liquor Store and Market parking lot; Address: 1745 Cowichan Bay Rd., Cowichan Bay BC, V0R 1N0
Ladysmith, in front of the public works yard; Address: 330 6th Ave.Ladysmith BC, V9G 1A2
All 3 CVRD waste transfer stations; Addresses:
(1) Bings Creek Recycling Centre, 3900 Drinkwater Rd., Duncan BC, V9L 6P2
(2) Peerless Road Recycling Centre, 10830 Westdowne Rd., Ladysmith BC, V9G 1X5
(3) Meade Creek Drop-Off-Depot, Youbou Rd., Lake Cowichan BC
What are the Statistics?
- In the CVRD, an estimated 140,000 kg of waste cooking oil is poured down the drain each year
- This results in an estimated $120,000 cost for water pipe clogs and repairs
- If turned into biofuel, we’d reduce our carbon footprint by 316 tonnes per year
To get a bin installed in an area near you, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org