Through this research the co-op gained more of an understanding about user's satisfaction, experience and the opportunity areas that will allow the Co-op to improve.
A longer summary report is provided with regards to the methodology developed by Dr. Lobato, head researcher of the Mexican User Satisfaction of Universidad Iberoamericana.
The Cowichan Bio-diesel Co-op team is aware of the necessity to always improve their internal processes in order to offer a sustainable product and quality service, so that its members will continue consuming bio-diesel for two main reasons, founded by the methdology developed within the research:
1. The Co-op is is a sustainable alternative for fuel consumption since there is a commitment to reduce the environmental footprint of Cowichan Valley by:
- Ethically producing and distributing a sustainable fuel alternative.
- Providing a community source for recycling local supplies of waste vegetable oil.
- Providing a strong advocacy for sustainable fuel production and use.
2. The Co-op has the commitment with the satisfaction of users and inhabitants of Cowichan Valley by:
- Ensuring a stable, high quality and local fuel supply.
- Working constantly so that The Co-op's distribution and sale services are comfortable and reliable.
- Stimulating local economic activity by producing and supplying bio-diesel at a reasonable and justifiable price.
- Sharing information about community-based bio-fuels to the wider community.
100% of active and non-active users expressed a positive opinion regarding the actions of the Co-op on the production of bio-diesel with cooking oil, and its support to the growth of the local economy and its comments to maintain the health of the inhabitants of our community.
Three main factors that decrease the satisfaction in users:
- The price of bio-diesel
- Membership registration and payment process
- Location of the pumps and availability
Ways in which the Cowichan Bio-Diesel Co-op is improving some of these concerns:
- Price: We are working to make the price of bio-diesel cheaper for our users compared to the price of bio-diesel cheaper for our users compared to the price of diesel and we will start issuing gift cards in order that they can obtain free diesel.
- Registration & Payment: The registration process of new users in our office is no longer available. The co-op decided that this process is more efficient if it is done through our web page, in this way the data is automatically stored in our system, The online payment system was improve to allow multiple fleets under one accounting system so businesses and the co-op can track the CO2e reductions in total in a single fleet and how much your business is using in terms of bio-diesel and all the receipts are e-mailed to members.
- Location: Because the cardlock pump at the co-op's Allenby Road location, funds were raised to transition this pump into a newly established Green & Go™ pump, which will facilitate the purchase of bio-diesel by paying directly into the pump with a card payment, thereby removing all pre-payments on the cardlock system. We are working to launch this pump to members in late November 2018 and to the public Spring 2019.